Tuesday, March 11, 2008

RIGHT and TRUTH



Okay, this picture is Emily during her sophomore year, and it was actually the other daughter's ballgame - Trina's ballgame - that I made the absolute fool of myself. I was just sure that mean girl had fouled our player too hard. Well, the other player DID foul. I was right. But the TRUTH was, she didn't foul any harder than the rest of the fouls happening out there on that basketball court. Sometimes our crusade for what we think is right causes us to sacrifice truth in the wake of our runaway emotions. That's what happened with the Pharisees. Throw in a little self-righteous pride, and Truth gets crucified on the Cross because they didn't stop long enough to measure their definition of RIGHT with the new thing God's Spirit was trying to speak to their hearts. Oh Lord, let it never be so with me. Let my heart always be open to Your whispers of truth as I pursue with passion those things You show me to be right.

No comments: